You can’t have a comic called Dark Nights: Death Metal and not release an appropriately hardcore soundtrack to accompany it. And that’s exactly what DC Comics and Loma Vista are doing for the miniseries written by Scott Snyder and drawn by Greg Capullo. Inspired by Snyder and Capullo’s tale of the Dark Multiverse and the Justice League’s attempts to stave off the threat of The Batman Who Laughs, the Dark Nights: Death Metal Soundtrack features songs both previously released and tunes that had not been released to the public yet.
And check out this incredible album art!
You can snag the digital version now and get the physical copy of the soundtrack on July 16th.
From the official press release:
DC and Loma Vista Recordings have digitally released the Dark Nights: Death Metal Soundtrack, a companion piece to the best-selling DC comic series by Scott Snyder and Greg Capullo that includes seven previously unreleased songs by contributing artists Soccer Mommy, Show Me The Body, IDLES, and more – now available at all DSPs HERE.
The Dark Nights: Death Metal Soundtrack’s six pre-release singles—HEALTH’s “ANTI-LIFE FT. CHINO MORENO,” Manchester Orchestra’s “Never Ending,” Denzel Curry’s “Bad Luck,” Chelsea Wolfe’s “Diana,” Maria Brink’s “Meet Me In The Fire ft. Andy Biersack,” and Mastodon’s “Forged by Neron”—earned additional praise and support from The FADER, Pitchfork, Rolling Stone, Stereogum, SPIN, Revolver, Consequence, Metal Injection, Brooklyn Vegan, Paste, and many more.
Executive produced by Tyler Bates (“Guardians of the Galaxy,” “Watchmen,” “John Wick”), the acclaimed composer here unites an array of artists across various genres, forming his own musical super crew to create a first-of-its kind companion piece of original music, which adds further dimension to the lauded DC “Dark Nights: Death Metal” series through a multimedia experience including custom limited edition comics, videos, and more. All artists involved took a hands-on approach with contributing songs—and in the case of a few, collaborating together for the first time—inspired by the text that depicts a hellish Earth twisted beyond recognition, wherein the Justice League is at the mercy of the Dark Multiverse and a diabolical Batman Who Laughs.
Read more about the Dark Nights: Death Metal Soundtrack at the official bio HERE.
Dark Nights: Death Metal Soundtrack Tracklist:
1. Mastodon – “Forged by Neron”
2. Chelsea Wolfe – “Diana”
3. HEALTH, Tyler Bates – “ANTI-LIFE (feat. Chino Moreno)”
4. Maria Brink, Tyler Bates – “Meet Me In The Fire (feat. Andy Biersack)”
5. Grey Daze – “Anything, Anything”
6. Rise Against – “Broken Dreams, Inc.”
7. Manchester Orchestra – “Never Ending”
8. Denzel Curry, PlayThatBoiZay – “Bad Luck”
9. Carach Angren – “Skull With a Forked Tongue”
10. Starcrawler – “Good Time Girl”
11. GUNSHIP, Tyler Bates – “Berserker (feat. Dave Lombardo)”
12. Greg Puciato, Tyler Bates, Gil Sharone – “Now You’ve Really Done It”
13. Show Me The Body – “Stone Cold Earth”
14. IDLES – “Sodium”
15. Soccer Mommy – “Kissing in the Rain”