While Thor: Ragnarok, the third film in the franchise starring Chris Hemsworth as the God of Thunder, doesn’t hit theaters until the fall of 2017, there have already been rumors swirling about which actors and which characters will crop up in a story that focuses on the End of All Things. While we know Natalie Portman won’t be returning as Thor’s paramour Jane Foster, there are more than plenty characters from the Marvel Comics’ stable that promise to appear.
And today, Marvel Studios dropped some official announcements of who exactly will be romping around the galaxy and Asgard with the thunder god. Here’s the rundown of who’s who in Ragnarok:
- Chris Hemsworth (Ghostbusters): Thor
- Sir Anthony Hopkins (Nixon): Odin
- Tom Hiddelston (Kong: Skull Island): Loki
- Idris Elba (The Dark Tower): Heimdall
- Mark Ruffalo (Spotlight): Bruce Banner/Hulk
As for the new kids on the block:
- Cate Blanchett (Carol): Hela
- Jeff Goldblum (The Grand Budapest Hotel): Grandmaster
- Karl Urban (Star Trek): Skurge
- Tessa Thompson (Creed): Valkyrie
That’s quite a cast of high profile thespian powerhouses, playing characters who will truly give the film the gravitas to live up to the Ragnarok subtitle.
Thor: Ragnarok hits theaters November 3, 2017.