Venom, whether or not he’s acting as a villain or an operative of the side of light, has been a perpetual thorn in the side of Spider-Man for 30 years of publication history. Off the heels of the poster and trailer for this October’s Venom film starring Tom Hardy, Marvel is celebrating next month with variant comic book covers highlighting key touchstones in the character’s history, from his introduction to the symbiote that would bond with Eddie Brock to become Venom to Spidey faking his own death to put toothy-grinned foe’s mind at ease. The first wave of covers hits on March 7th, but Marvel has a preview of what we can expect. Give them a look!
From the official press release:
In preparation for Venom’s 30th anniversary, get ready for 20 key moments showcasing the symbiote’s epic history. These anniversary covers will feature art by some of the industry’s top creators and rising stars, including Mark Bagley, Mike Perkins, Francesco Francavilla, Ron Lim, Inhyuk Lee and more!
- ALL-NEW WOLVERINE #33 by DUSTIN WEAVER
- AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #798 by TERRY and RACHEL DODSON
- AVENGERS #687 by JAMAL CAMPBELL
- BLACK PANTHER #172 by GREG HORN
- CAPTAIN AMERICA #700 by KALMAN ANDRASOFSZKY
- DAREDEVIL #601 by RAMON PEREZ
- DOCTOR STRANGE #388 by CHRIS STEVENS
- INFINITY COUNTDOWN #2 by RON LIM
- INVINCIBLE IRON MAN #599 by AKCHO
- MARVEL 2-IN-ONE #5 by DAVE JOHNSON
- MIGHTY THOR #706 by MARK BAGLEY
- NEW MUTANTS #2 by BENGAL
- OLD MAN LOGAN #38 by GREG SMALLWOOD
- PETER PARKER: THE SPECTACULAR SPIDER-MAN #303 by ROB LIEFELD
- THANOS #18 by MIKE PERKINS
- VENOM #164 by JOHN TYLER CHRISTOPHER
- WEAPON H #2 by MIKE MAYHEW
- X-MEN: BLUE #25 by FRANCESCO FRANCAVILLA
- X-MEN: GOLD #25 by TODD NAUCK
- X-MEN: RED #3 by INHYUK LEE
The first wave of VENOM VARIANT COVERS will hit comic shops on March 7th. Don’t miss your chance to collect all 20 variants, coming to comic shops this March!