As Image Comics is celebrating its 25th anniversary this year, the publisher has been commemorating the occasion with a series of themes, rolling out variant covers of its titles each month. With Pride Month kicking off this June, Image is taking the opportunity to celebrate the month with covers honoring the LGBTQIA+ community. What’s more, the publisher will donate 100% of the proceeds from those covers to the Human Rights Campaign.
As publisher Eric Stephenson states in an official press release, “We are so thankful for the opportunity to support the LGBTQ community during Pride Month this year by partnering once again with the Human Rights Campaign. It’s never been a secret that Image Comics is supportive of creative freedom, but it’s important that we also make it clear that we stand for inclusivity, diversity, and equality, now more than ever. We hope these variants will serve as a positive display of that ongoing commitment.”
The covers themselves range from the humorous to the stunning to the poignant and do well to pay tribute to the LGBTQIA+ community and the Gay Liberation Movement. Below is the full list of variants, when they’ll go on sale, and a peek at the covers themselves.
Image Comics’ Pride Month variants go on sale next month.
Available in stores on Wednesday, June 7th (Final order cutoff deadline Monday, May 15th):
- THE WALKING DEAD #168 by Robert Kirkman & Charlie Adlard, cover art by Sina Grace, cover colors by Tamra Bonvillain (Diamond Code MAR178612)
- THE DIVIDED STATES OF HYSTERIA #1 by Howard Chaykin, cover by Chaykin (Diamond Code MAR178603)
Available in stores on Wednesday, June 14th (Final order cutoff deadline Monday, May 22nd):
- BITCH PLANET: TRIPLE FEATURE #1 by Kelly Sue DeConnick and Valentine De Landro, cover by De Landro (Diamond Code MAR178611)
- ROSE #3 by Meredith Finch and Ig Guara, cover by Guara (Diamond Code MAR178609)
Available in stores on Wednesday, June 21st (Final order cutoff deadline Monday, May 29th):
- CROSSWIND #1 by Gail Simone and Cat Staggs, cover by Staggs (Diamond Code MAR178608)
- GRRL SCOUTS: MAGIC SOCKS #4 by Jim Mahfood, cover by Mahfood (Diamond Code MAR178610)
- THE OLD GUARD #5 by Greg Rucka and Leandro Fernandez, cover by Fernandez (Diamond Code MAR178604)
Available in stores on Wednesday, June 28th (Final order cutoff deadline Monday, June 5th):
- BLACK MAGICK #6 by Greg Rucka and Nicola Scott, cover by Scott (Diamond Code MAR178605)
- DEADLY CLASS #29 by Rick Remender and Wes Craig, cover by Craig (Diamond Code MAR178607)
- SHUTTER #29 by Joe Keatinge and Leila del Duca, cover by del Duca (Diamond Code MAR178606)
- REDNECK #3 by Donny Cates and Lisandro Estherren, cover by Ed Luce (Diamond Code MAR178737)